MKSAP 16: Apps
October 3, 2014
iPhone and iPad Updates Available
Version 1.8.0 of the MKSAP 16 app for iPhones and iPads is now available in the Apple App Store. This version is compatible with iOS 8 and fixes several other known issues. Thank you for your patience as we worked to publish these new versions.
- Download/install one or more of these apps on your favorite devices. (System Requirements)
- Open the app and log in using your MKSAP 16 username/password. (Forgot your password?)
- Download one or more sections to your device so you can access offline.
- When you're done, sync your answers back to MKSAP 16 Online so all of your work is stored in one place. (how do I do this?)
*A note to Mac OS users
Some Mac users with newer versions of the Mac OS operating system, specifically versions 10.8 and higher, have reported issues installing the MKSAP 16 apps due to security restrictions. Users can enable installation of the apps by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and temporarily changing the "Allow applications downloaded from:" setting to "Anywhere" before starting the installation process. You may switch the setting back to "Mac App Store and identified developers" after the installation is complete.
For more information about the security feature please refer to the Apple Support article about Gatekeeper.
- Fixed a problem that prevented the desktop applications from syncing with MKSAP 16 Online.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the app to launch with a blank screen.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent users from interacting with the app if there were content updates available.
- Fixed some sizing issues for users with retina displays.
- Fixed some issues with swipe navigation for users with touch controls.
- The logout button was moved away from the buttons used to progress through the questions to prevent accidental logouts. Additionally, a confirmation dialogue was added to verify that users actually want to log out.
- Users are now notified of updated content, if available, when opening the apps.
- Fixed a bug with the text resizing feature.
- Swipe navigation is now available for progressing through the questions and text.
- Various other bug fixes and stablility improvements.
- Users can now check for and download updated content, including errata and revisions, by visiting the "Check for Updates" section within the main menu.
- For questions, the area used to select an answer was reduced in size to prevent users from accidentally answering a question.
- Users will now return to the same vertical position on the referring page when returning from a table or figure.
- Users now have the ability to increase the font size.
- Upon returning to the app after closing it, users will be brought back to their last location.
- Implemented various improvements/fixes, including more responsive scrolling.